Friday 10 October 2014

Trouble Waters

 Like a Bridge over Troubled water
Lifes not always how you expect it to be...still waters never run smooth...n all that
As a child, luckily we dont come with great expectations...most of us just plod along and soak up whats dealt out to us good or bad.....
And thankfully for most of us...we dont get to see in advance, what our life holds for us...
So i was born into a pretty nice family from what i'm told...a beautiful Mam, well spoken with long auburn hair and green eyes, and a handsome hardworking reliable Dad, dark as ebony with chocolate brown eyes set in a strong square face, strong n silent in character..we lived in a nice detached house..which in those days was pretty damn good...
when i was 2 my beautiful sister was born....with huge dark eyes and a mass of beautiful dark hair....she was a beauty....( she was so beautiful that Pears soap company approached my dad for photographs of her...to which my dad swiftly told them where they could go.....)

So far so good...

But true to form...my beautiful Mam got bored....(every one said she would....so with my older brother, from her 1st husband, myself and my baby sister, she left my dad...to chase sum young bit of 'eye candy' who her younger sister had got the hots for.....)
He was younger than my dad, who was 12 years my Mams senior, he was also younger than my Mam, she liked a challenge, (God forbid, she was gonna find out just how much of a challenge) a drunkard and a bully, who had no manners and no money!!!! once hed spent his wages in the boozer.....
So after a few weeks on frends/relatives floor ( a single woman with 3 kids was never gonna be the type of house guest someone wanted to hang on to for long) Mam found shed got no where to go, God love her...even her own parents didnt want to know,,,cuz they had her younger sister who was also single with a child!!!!!
Things did not look good.....
So yes....she abandoned us...probably, to her, it didnt seem like that was what she was doin at the time .
She wanted to be young free and single, partying..... At 22 she definitley did not want to be happily married and settled.
...thank the Lord she left us somewhere my dear old Dad could collect us...which is exactly what he did.....he was our bridge over troubled waters
He welcomed us back with open arms, but what coud he do...he had to work......he relied on the help of a very special Lady....who was there for me then and during some of my lowest times of my life....
Angels come in many forms and appear when u least expect it
Dont be sad for us ...this isnt a sad story cuz we grew up and i'm telling the story...and u know what.....to me, my Mam ??  
''Simply the Best''    My Dad ????  A true gentleman.. A Saint!!! who's halo occasionally slipped, but thats another story!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment