Friday 26 May 2017

irrational.... to say the least

MENOPAUSE....
Periods usually start to become less frequent over a few months or years before they stop altogether. Sometimes they can stop suddenly.
The menopause is a natural part of ageing that usually occurs between 45 and 55 years of age, as a woman's oestrogen levels decline. In the UK, the average age for a woman to reach the menopause is 51.( NHS )
So thats what the NHS said!!
I say...   storm...hurricane...tornado...black clouds...thunderstorm...
Black moods...tired...IRRATIONAL

so I am 54 and in the early stages of this awfullness...
so periods are not as regular( could say thats a plus ) but if it is ..its the only one!!!
so my womb and other child producing bits and bobs are now surplus to requirements....
hell NO says my body...

so my personal symptoms include the dreaded hot flushes...
the inability to talk.( well get my words out..cant remember the words ).salivating...
impatient...trying to move on to other tasks before finishing the one I'm doing
not paying attention...so accidents happen..I walk into things
Related imagefeel fat...bloated..belly like I'm 5 months pregnant ( well my body is trying to prove a point !!)
tired...so fatigued...I just want to drop to sleep...sleeping 7/8 hrs when i usually sleep 5
(and then other night cant sleep at all )
joints aching...legs feeling like lead
dont want people round me...want to be on my own
irritated if people speak to me... cant be bothered to answer...too much trouble
trying doubly hard to be nice....really want to be rude and loose my cool with them
breathe...........................


breathe.... not easy with this black cloud

(a week on)  222.05.2017
so this is about a week on from the above symptoms
last couple of days I've felt generally under the weather...
joints aching..fuzzy
tingling face, body,
bit fed up
very tired...fatigued...too tired to go to the gym!!  I actually asked myself  ...'may b Im fatally ill..may b I have a disease..dying'
Image result for menopause cartoonirrational thought  ( because my diet etc is better than it has ever been )
specifically this morning feeling like I have a weight pressing down n my chest and throat
even got a sore on my lip!!!  ( noticed in the gym class struggling with poses that I was coping quite well with  a few weeks ago )
shoulder stand etc !!!!
waking up and feeling instantly down and fed up..
thinking of giving up my new job

????   (  sure im putting on a brave face and smiling...carrying on but is this normal )

so am I just getting old.. ( my lovly cousin is a good 15 years older than me and seems to be so much healthier and up beat)
or is this more symptoms of the menopause  ( I havnt had a period for 2 months )
had some of the symptoms...as described at top of this blog ... sore boobs etc

its only fair to say that 2 hrs after writing the above...my mood lifted
Related image
the sun came out..the sky was blue...the birds were singing...the spring breeze gently spread through the trees...and the world was good...
went to the gym
did just 1k run..few shoulder weight    and I gotta say I feel fab
go figure...

So until the next ' black period '  I will close on a positive note by sayng..

Have a Fab Day



No comments:

Post a Comment