Wednesday 6 September 2017

journal Adho mukha svanasana

6 a.m.
Another early start for me ( balance class at 9.30)
Not so much soreness this morning as I stepped out of bed 👌
(  not to say that I cant feel my aches )
This is good it reminds me that I have been working hard, I'm aware of my upper arms in particular, and the muscles in the arms, still feeling sore. ( oh yes and pain in the butt 😉 gluteus maximus )
( I remember in particular about 2 years ago, before taking up yoga, that I was experiencing a lot of discomfort in my wrists and elbows.  I remember being quite concerned about it, it was obvious for quite a few months and even just the simplest of every day actions, such as leaning on my elbow or carrying shopping would be very sore. I remember distinctly thinking 'Damn, I'm getting old!!' 👵  and I was not happy about it. ) ( not particularly the getting old side of it, although, to be fair, I'm not happy about that at all, but its inevitable!!!, it is more the ailments that are associated with getting old!  that I object to)
another excellent reason to be as healthy as possible...be the best you.... see previous blogs
I can truthfully say on a day to day basis I do NOT have pain in my wrists, yes, if I have been doing a lot more yoga which particularly uses arms/ wrists/shoulders etc I do experience discomfort, BUT, and for me this is the important bit, it is temporary and reminds me that I am working hard and getting stronger)
Image result for adho mukha svanasanaso back to this morning....

I put the soreness down to the increased amount of adho mukha svanasana, ( downward facing dog poses) both at home /classes. 
Probably one of the most widely recognised asanas ( moves/postures )
and a very good all in one posture which gives multiple benefits  ( to be revisited in future blogs)

Image result for adho mukha svanasana so continuing my day with some slow and deep inhale/exhale breaths ( see previous post )
before going through my sun salutations ( see previous post ) and now onto several repetitions of adho mukha svanasana to stretch out all those muscles...


onwards and upwards
😉

No comments:

Post a Comment